Thursday, March 8, 2012

Putting things together

After blowing pretty much our entire tax refund at Ikea I have been slowly trying to put together the pieces, and luckily things have been going pretty well. My biggest concern had been what do I do with my son while the wife is away and I am trying to put things together with all sorts of small screws and bits and pieces, but luckily the son has gotten old enough to be able to "help" me (mostly handing me things when I ask for them) which has made things much easier. We put his "big boy bed" together (as well as refurnishing the rest of his room and moving the baby stuff into the nursery for #2) and he has been quite helpful. Even with him helping me put who knows how many things together, not a single screw has been lost. I love that he is so interested in helping me out. Being a dad is the best thing ever.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just jealous you can do stuff. Our second is in my belly so even though I'm home all day, I can't get any of this kind of stuff done because I think he's trying to make me miserable so I'm even happier when he comes out to meet us!

    ReplyDelete