Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lucky

I took my son to the Zoo yesterday. We went and saw the dolphin show, and saw the fish, and the monkey house, and the penguins, and all sorts of stuff. As we were sitting down to lunch before heading back home, I couldn't help but think about how lucky I am to be able to spend so much time with him. It's amazing the things he can do already, and he's only two years old. I really don't know what else to say other than I love him more than anything. I feel terrible that I'm the one staying home with him while my wife has to go to work. I know it is what works for our family right now, staying home with him during the day and working toward getting my degree at night so I don't end up stuck in some dead end job for the rest of my life, but I still feel terrible that she doesn't get to spend as much time with our son as I do. She's already the best mother any kid could ask for (and best wife any guy could) which makes me feel even worse.
On the other hand though, at least our son is at home with one of us for the time being. When I see him smile or hear him laugh or when he gives me a hug...being a dad is the best thing in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment