Friday, February 10, 2012

Age

It's hard to believe that my son is already going to be two years old. Where does the time go, really? I'm 28 right now. I've known him for 1/14th of my life already. And that fraction is going to keep growing. Next year I'll have known him for 10.3% of my life. How is that even possible?

People said from the get go that time will go by faster than you realize. I see they were right.

Oh well. As much as I will miss being able to hold him all the time and being able to actually have him sit still for a minute, I still find myself thinking sometimes that a part of me can't wait until he's even older. I can't wait to be able to sit down with him and have a conversation about things he likes, his hopes, his dreams. How amazing will it be to see the baby I knew grow into a man?

1 comment:

  1. I hear you! Half of me wants to freeze Jake in time because conversations with him can be frickin adorable and hilarious but the other half of me can't wait to see what he comes up with next as he learns new things.

    ReplyDelete