Thursday, May 5, 2016

Painting the walls with crazy

Or maybe not crazy. Maybe food coloring. And an attempt with butter. That was Ian today.

When I was making breakfast for the boys, Ian came up and grabbed a butterknife full of butter, and tried to paint it on the livingroom wall. Luckily I caught him with that. I wasn't so lucky with the food coloring, though, which he attacked the downstairs bathroom wall with when I was dumb enough to think I could get a shower in uneventfully.

If you're wondering why the food coloring was within his reach, well, that's because of the potty training attempts we are still working on. Because apparently a kid who is going to be four in just over a week still can't use the potty on his own. OK granted, he has sensory processing issues and he has his speech delay and everything, but come on, kid, I don't want to change diapers anymore.

Or find pee-filled pull-ups in the middle of the floor while he runs around naked.

Sigh.

Maybe I should figure out how to take care of this potty avoidance before worrying about starting a podcast, heh.

3 comments:

  1. Psst. You should explain why food coloring has to do with potty training. I have a vague idea but I'd like to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psst. You should explain why food coloring has to do with potty training. I have a vague idea but I'd like to know more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Has to do with the wife using ideas to try to encourage the young one to pee, this one being making the water different colors. All it really does is lead to stains.

      Delete